- Get Involved
- About Us
April 5, 2002 – September 30, 2003
1000 Jefferson Drive, SW
Location: Schermer Hall, West Wing
The history of the west wing of the Castle -- from its first use as the Institution's library to its use as The Commons restaurant (closed May 12, 2003) -- unfolds through images and text on two panels. The text is adapted from The Castle, An Illustrated History of the Smithsonian Institution Building, by Cynthia R. Field, Richard E. Stamm, and Heather P. Ewing.