July 1, 1976 – May 15, 1997
Air and Space Museum
601 Independence Ave., SW
Location: Space Hall, Gallery 114, 1st Floor, East Wing
Space Hall features space boosters, guided missiles, and manned spacecraft.
- Skylab-Orbital Workshop, Multiple Docking Adapter and Airlock Module: Visitors may walk through the back-up Skylab spacecraft, America's 1st space station, 1973-1974
- Spacelab: A model of a scientific lab carried within the space shuttle, where scientists conduct research in space, beginning in 1983 to present.
- Apollo-Soyuz Test Project: 1st international manned space mission
- Jupiter-C and Vanguard boosters: 1st 2 U.S. satellite launch vehicles
- NASA Scout: A modern solid propellant space launch vehicle
- Minuteman III: U.S. Air Force intercontinental ballistic missile
- Poseidon: U.S. Navy's fleet ballistic missile -
- M2-F3: "Lifting Body" used to prepare the way for the development of the Space Shuttle Orbiter