- Get Involved
- About Us
November 5, 2010 – mid-May 2012
1000 Jefferson Drive, SW
Location: Schermer Hall, West Wing
On view in these cases are selected decorative metal objects from the Smithsonian Institution Castle Collection that trace the history of the Bradley and Hubbard Manufacturing Company of Meriden, Connecticut -- from its start in 1852, to its purchase by the Charles Parker Company in 1940, to its gradual decline as a result of metal production being diverted to World War II efforts. Bradley and Hubbard originally was known for producing clocks, particularly through the 1850s and 1860s, and later branched out to produce such decorative metal objects as fireplace tools, lamps and candlesticks, desk accessories, and smoking gear.